Job Order #: 5240650
GED 12 - General Educational Development
How to Apply?:
This job is no longer taking applications
This job is no longer taking applications and is displayed only for reference.
To view current postings please conduct a new search.
Grain Marketing Advisor is accountable for managing and delivering grain marketing services. Utilizing Cargill's grain marketing expertise and with the support of Cargill's merchants, market analysts, and a network of marketing managers and advisors, this position works directly with growers to develop a customized marketing plan for their farm to help them achieve a higher level of marketing through risk management.
80% - Manage and deliver the grain marketing program. Works with customers to determine the farm enterprise's cost of production and develop a customized grain marketing plan. Frequent customer contact to help manage their plan and apply the proper risk management tools with the aid of an in-house software program.
15% - Communicate regularly with sales team, alerting them of opportunities that exist with customers that are uncovered during the delivery of the grain marketing program.
5% - Provide support to and act as a back-up for the Regional Grain Marketing Services Manager. Support may include education, meeting attendance, and facilitation of workshops.
- Knowledge of grain marketing and risk management.
- Working knowledge of grain futures, options and markets.
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to listen and gain clear understanding of customers' needs.
- Knowledge of agricultural production and farm management.
- Understanding of the Canadian grain industry
- Strong computer skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Creativity and initiative to think outside the box.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada on a non-temporary basis.
- Excellent comprehension of risk management tools.
- Related post-secondary education or training.
- Strong sales aptitude.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Consulting experience.