We have a current opening for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd year apprentice based out of our Regina, SK satellite office.
1. Read and interpret electrical drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of overhead cranes.
2. Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders of overhead cranes.
3. Test overhead cranes and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
4. Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators of overhead cranes.
5. Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators and electrical control systems of overhead cranes.
6. Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems of overhead cranes.
7. Complete repairs and installations of mechanical components of overhead cranes.
8. Will be required to work shifts and deal with emergency call outs.
Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training.
Skills and Abilities
Type of Establishment/Work Setting Experience
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Fast-paced environment
Major Work Area
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 1st Period Apprentice