Under the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for planning, implementing & managing a broad range of sports & recreation programs. You will work with member First Nations to develop/facilitate recreation programs appropriate to the needs of First Nations.
-Responsibility for overall planning, organizing, controlling & directing of the port & recreation programming
- Conduct on-going assessment of Band & Tribal Council needs in sport & recreation activities, meeting & reporting monthly to Executive Council & BATC Athletics Inc.
- Prepare annual budgets & control expenditures for sports & recreation programming
- Liaise with outside agencies & with First Nations government & agencies in matters affecting the quality of sport & recreational services to First Nations
- Assist with drafting & preparation of proposals & grant applications as required by the Tribal Council or member First Nation
- Assist in enlisting, training, organization & supervision of all volunteers
- Responsible for fundraising for sport & recreational programs
- Responsible for Team BATC for all sporting events including FSIN Championships, NAIG Sask. Indian Summer & Winter Games
You must have a certificate in recreation or sports and/or several years of equivalent experience in a related field. This experience shall include program planning, personnel management, supervision & financial management. You must be able to lead this type of project within minimum supervision & must have strong communications skills & organizational skills. The use of a reliable vehicle is required & must have a valid license.
BATC thanks all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.