Educational Assistant Casuals (Substitutes)
The Chinook School Division is seeking applicants for CASUAL POSITIONS (Substitute) throughout southwest Saskatchewan in the area of Educational Assistants. Casual educational assistants work on an as needed basis, filling in for staff who are absent.
Desired Qualifications and Attributes:
- A desire to work with children
- Appreciation and respect for diversity
- A responsible, self-regulating individual who believes in quality work
- Ability to communicate openly with members of the educational team regarding lesson plans and student progress
- Ability to engage students in academic and life skills pursuits
- Ability to work as a team or independently
- Enthusiasm for the learning process
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Willingness to aid in the delivery of program components developed by the classroom or Student Services teacher
- Willingness to complete individualized sessions in speech and language
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required
Becoming a casual Educational Assistant is an opportunity to determine if you would be interested in becoming an Educational Assistant on a temporary or permanent basis should those positions become available.
Successful applicants must agree to a criminal records check. For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department at 306-778-9200 or 1-877-321-9200. Interested applicants are asked to forward a cover letter (indicating competition #1290) and resume including copies of all certification or training together with three references. Please be sure to indicate which geographic areas/schools you are willing to work. Applications will be reviewed and only those applicants selected will be contacted. Applications should be submitted as soon as possible.