- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong computer skills on both PC and Mac platforms and standard office software including word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and web browser applications.
- knowledge of InDesign or QuarkXpress, Photoshop and video editing software
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and reliably meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a small office environment, with minimal supervision, as part of a
- The position does involve some lifting and shipping of boxes of books, so the physical
ability to do so is required
-extensive web marketing activities, including updating Coteau web site, and working with other significant book web sites regarding Coteau information
- social media creation/maintenance, ie, Facebook, Goodreads, etc.
- distributing targeted marketing materials, including catalogues, review copies and submissions to award programs
- assisting in the creation of marketing campaigns and materials for books, sales conference, etc.
- assisting in the creation of promotional copy, including media releases, catalogue copy, author profiles
- assisting with the organizing and supervising of author events, including attendant publicity
- undertaking direct-mail marketing campaigns of various kinds
- assisting in the production and distribution of promotional materials including advertising and book trailers
- working with authors on social media presence and web site
- creation and maintenance of metadata files for Coteau?s books
- creation of eBook files in various formats
- monitoring and recording Coteau Books? ebooks in various online bookstores
- some office procedure, shipping & receiving and receptionist duties from time to time