K+S Potash Canada is part of the K+S Group, one of the worlds leading suppliers of standard and speciality fertilizers and the worlds leading salt producer. With more than one hundred years of mining experience K+S employs more than 14,000 people globally. K+S is in the initial stages of developing a new potash mine near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, and is building its workforce to support its development and ongoing operations expected in 2015.
Based at our Legacy site, the Evaporation Production Superintendent will be responsible for all aspects of the solution evaporation, salt handling and brine clarification production area. The successful candidate will:
-Set, monitor and adjusts area targets for production, availability, safety, environment, budgeting and cost control of Evaporation area
- Actively identifie and communicate requirements for debottlenecking, continuous improvement or capital upgrades
- Organize and schedules area maintenance activities
- Help with inspections and equipment troubleshooting in area
- Provide guidance to the Shift Foremen, Area Operators and Trainer
- Assist in the creation of an Area Operator Training manual
- Lockout/Tagout duties for major maintenance outages
- Provide functional support and design input to the Project Area and Discipline Managers for area facilities, equipment selection, safety and operability reviews, P&IDs, etc..
We require the following qualifications for this role:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering
P.Eng. status preferred; Engineer-in-Training status with APEGS will be accepted
5+ years of heavy industrial work experience
Proven experience in a previous operations leadership role
Proven experience managing operating budgets and decision-making
Potash and/or mineral Evaporation experience strongly preferred
Demonstrated positive attitude and ability to handle adversity
Strong communication skills required.