This 50% Temporary (6 month) position provides in-home support to families with children by:
- assisting parents to develop more effective parenting skills;
-providing support to parents in areas of personal development that will enhance their capacities as parents, and;
-making appropriate referrals to other programs and services that may be required.
Experience working with families is essential.
Job requires valid drivers license, vehicle and cell phone.
Post secondary training Early Childhood Education or Psychology is an asset.
Experience Working with First Nations families an asset.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Child abuse registry check
- Criminal record check (abstract)
Target Groups or Clients
- Own vehicle
- Computer use
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Cultural Awareness Training
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Child and Youth Care Worker (CCW/CYW) Diploma
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate