Manufacturing Quality Technician
Reporting to the (MQT) Quality Assurance Supervisor, this position is responsible for product verifications according to the given parameters at the various stages of the manufacturing process. Will work closely with the Production team to continuously improve the current processes and assist in the solution of quality-related problems that may arise during the production process. This position requires a high degree of interpersonal skills and is required to provide feedback to production employees on the quality of their craftsmanship.
* Able to read blueprint drawings with good understand of Geometric Dimension & Tolerance (GD&T) and Acceptable Quality Level (AQL).
* Able to identify the basic types of metal and materials used in the fabrication industry.
* Basic knowledge of the metal fabrication industry is required. Specific knowledge in machining, CAD, and/or welding processes are preferred.
* Able to calibrate and use measuring tools such as measuring tapes, calipers and micrometers.
* Able to use advance measuring equipment such as Faro Arm, Virtek Laser Scanner and/or training in AutoCAD would be an asset.
* Knowledge of ISO quality systems; specific knowledge in ISO 9001:2008 is an asset.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to work with minimal supervision
Dumur Industries offers:
* A comprehensive benefits package including: life and disability insurance, medical including prescription drugs, Employee Assistance Program and dental coverage
* Annual profit sharing, RRSP plan, and an annual boot allowance
* We provide coveralls, safety glasses, gloves, and all tools and a clean working environment.
* We are currently working 4, 10 hour shifts per week. Monday - Thursday 6:00am - 4:30pm
**Please note all employees must provide a clean criminal background check upon hire**
Skills and Abilities
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Repetitive tasks